Welcome to Waste Industries!! We thank you for the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to a long lasting relationship. Please do not hesitate to call our office any time you have a question or concern. Our Customer Service Representatives are here to serve you - our most important customer.
We hope that the following information answers any questions that you may have. If not – again – please call our Greensboro office at 336-668-3712.
If your pick up day falls on or after one of the following 3 holidays your trash will be picked up one day after your normal day of service. All other holidays are run as normal.
o Thanksgiving Day
o Christmas Day
o New Year’s Day
- Do not place the container within 4 feet of trees, mailboxes, cars, other rollouts & recyclables or any
other obstructions. Where you place your container is where you can expect it to be returned. (Please
remember that strong winds will blow empty containers.)
- Place containers at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day.
- The truck and driver must have clear access to the rollout container. Do not leave trash outside of your rollout container unless it is called in and scheduled. If you regularly
generate more household trash than your rollout container will hold, call customer service to order an
additional container for an additional charge of $9.00 per month. (Please check with your HOA if your
home is in an HOA neighborhood)
- We do not collect yard waste. This includes bagged grass clippings & leaves.
- If you regularly generate more household trash than your rollout container will hold, call customer service to order an additional container for an additional charge of $9.00 per month. (Please check with your HOA if your home is in an HOA neighborhood)
- All trash is to be bagged.
ITEMS WE DO NOT ACCEPT
- Yard waste. This includes bagged grass clippings & leaves.
- Waste Oil
- Auto Batteries
- Hazardous Waste
- Construction and Demolition Material
- White Goods (washer, dryer, microwaves, etc.)
- Wet Paint
BULK ITEM COLLECTION
- ALL BULK ITEM COLLECTIONS MUST BE SCHEDULED THROUGH OUR OFFICE PRIOR TO YOUR PICK UP DAY.
Waste Industries provides a "for fee" bulk item collection to our residential customers. Bulk items are
defined as anything that is too large to fit into the provided 95-gallon roll out trash cart. Examples of
those type items and the fees to collect those items are:
- White Goods - Stove, refrigerator, washer, dryer, hot water heater, etc. - $19.00 each.
- Furniture, push mowers, mattress/box springs, etc. - $ 15.00 /piece
- Extra bags of trash not able to fit inside container - $1.50 each
- Large quantities of bulk material will require an estimate by a supervisor. There is no standard
- Bulk pick-ups are done on the resident's normal pick up days IF the items are small enough to fit in the
regular garbage truck. Otherwise bulk pick-ups run on Thursday or Friday.
All bulk item collections MUST be scheduled in advance.
Ensure that all gasoline powered items are free of petroleum products.
ALL BULK ITEM COLLECTIONS MUST BE REQUESTED THROUGH THE OFFICE.
- PLEASE CALL (336)668-3712 TO SCHEDULE A BULK PICK UP.
Residential Co-Mingled Recycling Guidelines
· Recycling is picked up every week. Use only the 65 gallon cart provided for recycling.
· Place containers at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day.
· The truck and driver must have clear access to the rollout container.
· Do not leave recycling material outside of your rollout container.If you regularly generate more recycling
than your rollout container will hold, call customer service to order an additional container for an
additional charge of $3.90 per month.
Materials Allowed (recyclable)
· Metal Cans (Aluminum, Bi-Metal & Steel); Includes soft drink, beverage and food cans. Please empty and rinse out the cans.
· Paper Products; Includes newspapers, office paper, computer paper, magazines, junk mail, shiny paper inserts, cut up cardboard. paperboard (i.e. cereal boxes) and paper grocery bags.
· Plastic Containers; Includes all PET 1 - 7 containers: soft drink bottles, milk jugs and detergent bottles which must be emptied and rinsed.
· Materials That Are NOT Allowed (non-recyclable)
· Plastic grocery bags, egg cartons or Styrofoam: only plastics labeled 1 & 2 are allowed.
· Coat Hangers, Lids Or Other Scrap Metal: If it is not a food or beverage container, it is not allowed.
· Books: Hard cover books
· Glassware: No Glassware
- All payments must be made by mail, phone, or on line. When mailing payment please send check or money order and include customer account number and/or payment stub from your billing statement.
Note: Service may be interrupted if payment is not received by due date.
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS